I guess I'm the only one with the problem of that many then. I'll take your
words for it that it works OK, but I still keep thinking back to that one
study (don't recall its name), and can't help but think effiecency would go
by some  noticeable degree. anybody can through switch and hubs around,
we're supposed to do it right, not just "to get by".

I mean if 700 is ok, then why not 1000? at some point you have to agree
there is going to be a performance hit. hasn't any manufacturor thought to
retest this performance issue with the newer equipment?

scott

""Priscilla Oppenheimer""  wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Great answer Chuck. It sounds like you figured out his/her basic needs,
> though we would need more detail to provide a detailed design, of course,
> and payment for design services. :-) Well, actually your idea of asking a
> vendor to do an RFP might mean a free design (that would be biased toward
> the vendor, of course, but still a good start.)
>
> I'm not in disagreement that today 700 nodes in one broadcast domain might
> be OK. In other words, I would probably recommend no VLANs as a start.
VLANs