i guess that the best way to get around how many hosts can be put in a
giving broadcast domain will depend very much on the traffic patterns and
the load the users put on the network add to that the diffrent applications
behaviors as well as the windows behavior, so i think there is no right
answer here, it all depends on the environment.
as a rule cisco recomands, no more thatn 500 IIP users per broadcast domain,
but then again the above must be drilled, if there is other desktop
protocols that rely heavely on broadcasting, it is another story.
the big question is not how much of these host i could get away with putting
in one domain, but how scalable will the environment be in regards to the
companys direction, simply u don't wana redo the hall thing when ur client
wants to deploy a new technologie, or more application or what have u, more
or less adaptability and scalability and relibility in face of the coming
environment should be weighted out agianst how many host a person could get
away with puting in a braodcast domain.

Regards, Amar.

""Symon Thurlow""  a icrit dans le message de news:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]