I'm at the early stages of considering migrating away from a
point-to-point frame relay network to a layer 3 MPLS-based private
network and I have a couple of questions based on some preliminary
verbal information.

I was told that no router reconfiguration was required on our side but
I don't see how that's possible.  Since our CE router connects the the
PE router they need to have common addressing and a common routing
protocol, which I think must be either OSPF or IS-IS.

Regarding the routing protocol, it wouldn't be a big deal to change to
using one of the above but that would still be a change, right?  :-)

Regarding the addressing, is it common for a customer to get a new
addressing scheme for the provider for their edge links?  Or, will the
provider readdress their PE connections that interface with our network?
 It makes more sense to me that the provider would make us readdress.
Does one method seem to be more common than the other?

Since this is a layer 3 VPN the provider's routers will have specific
information about our internal addressing, and I can hear our security
people groaning over this already.  My boss might not like that idea, as
well.  Has this been a security concern for anyone?  Is there reason to
be concerned?  Conversely, is there a good way for me to explain to my
boss and the security department why we shouldn't be concerned?

I'm still awaiting more technical information from our provider, and
we're going to have a face-to-face meeting with technical people in a
couple of weeks, but I wanted to become more familiar with this
technology before they get here.

Many thanks!
John