""Priscilla Oppenheimer""  wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Wow. Good thing Paul didn't really bring down Group Study and make it so
we
> couldn't have this important discussion! :-) He said it would be down for
> maintenance, but I didn't notice any downtime, (not that I spent the whole
> night checking!) Thank-you Paul, either way, for all the work you do to
let
> us participate in these conversations.

mega dittos

> Seriously, have you ever noticed that some people see similarities in two
> things and jump to the conclustion that the two things are the same or can
> be put in the same category? We see that a lot of that on this list.... I
> guess it's because there's not enough info on how to categorize stuff like
> DV versus LS protocols.

first of all, we all like clear distinctions. something is either this or
that. ever notice there are two kinds of people: the kind who believe there
are two kinds of people, and the kind who do not?  ;->

secondly, all of us who are not experts tend to fall back to cliches and
authoritative texts for our answers. we see this regularly in the OSI versus
Cisco's version of OSI, and we certainly see it in Cisco's characterization
of EIGRP and a"hybrid" protocol