""Henry D.""  wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Chuck, you might want to read up on classful properties of
> this command...here's a tip:

Thanks, but I have read the documentation, and I know how it works. The
"bug" I refer to is the inability to remove what the IOS automatically puts
into the running config when you do what I have described below.

It takes a router reload before the negation command will function
correctly.

Just an observation.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/tech/tk648/tk365/technologies_tech_note0
> 9186a0080094374.shtml#ipnetwork
>

> ""The Long and Winding Road""  wrote in
> message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > you know the one. you're working with subnets of a classful network.
let's