""Alan poettker""  wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Hi,
>   Can anyone tell me where I may find specific information reguarding
> cofiguring a 2600 series router with the GUI interface..(through my
internet
> browser). I would like to know what specific softare may be required to do
> this or what settings I may need. I do have access to it throush CLI mode.

link to the Master Command Reference:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121cgcr/fun_
r/frprt1/frd1005.htm#1020067
watch the wrap

at present, there is not much to it.

following is the text of the web interface page. as you can see, nothing
here for configuration. This is with IOS 12.1.5T10 to a 25xx router. Maybe
the higher end routers have more functionality? The 3550 switches sure do!
Their web interface is nice!

Cisco Systems
Accessing Cisco 2500 "R4"

Telnet - to the router.

Show interfaces - display the status of the interfaces.
Show diagnostic log - display the diagnostic log.
Monitor the router - HTML access to the command line interface at level
0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15
Connectivity test - ping the nameserver.

Show tech-support - display information commonly needed by tech support.

----

Help resources
CCO at www.cisco.com - Cisco Connection Online, including the Technical
Assistance Center (TAC).
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - e-mail the TAC.
1-800-553-2447 or +1-408-526-7209 - phone the TAC.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - e-mail the HTML interface development group.

All you need to do is issue the command "ip http server" and you're ready to
rock and roll.