From: Steven Aiello [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2003 11:02 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: is 10baseT dead? [7:65077]

Scott,

   I think you have a great point, it seems that most of the computer
technologies we have today are not taken full advantage of.  However
instead of taking the air out the sale's staff sales as it were ( no pun
intended ).  Why not suggest upgrade from the Idf's to the server farm.
  You could suggest Ether Channel to combine some of the runs you have
put in ( I'm sure ) when you are upgrading your networks.  This way you
have more bandwidth to the server farm and fault tolerance. WOW now
that's a selling point.  Also it can be done with out raising up the
costs on hardware to much.  You can get duel interface NIC's for your
servers that are fairly reasonable now.  I am amazed at the push for
processor speed now, I can think if very few people that NEED 3Ghz with
2Gb of RAM.  However no one NEEDS a Jaguar eigther, some people just
want it and if they can afford it so be it.  Look at the situation this
way at least if your going for over kill the network will perform well,
that is better than underselling and then having your clients be upset
because they are limited in the future.

But hay that's just my 2 cents.  Take it with a grain of salt.

= )

Steven