From: Chris Penrose [mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 19:26:53 GMT
Subject: 3000 Concentrator behind/in front or parallel to PIX? [7:64383]

Hi All, I am setting up a VPN to connect remote sites to a Head Office, the
head office has a VPN 3000 Concentrator and a PIX 515 Firewall, As I
understand it I can place the PIX in front/behind or in Parallel to the 3000
. I was wondering if anyone that has done this has any recommendations as to
the best place for the PIX or any advantages/disadvantages of placement.   I
am thinking in front but I am unsure what repercussions this will have with
regard to access across the VPN.  I need all IP through the vpn tunnels for
each site, so with the PIX in front I would be setting up a static to the
outside interface of the 3000 and adding the following acl's
Access-list 100 permit ah any vpn3k
Access-list 100 permit esp any vpn3k
Access-list 100 permit udp any vpn3k eq isakmp

Would I still need acl's on the PIX  to allow all other IP from each site?
Or should I place the PIX somewhere else.

any advice appreciated.

thanks

Chris.
Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com