My reading of this announcement is that the products listed meet certain
quality assurance certifications, not that there are new "certifications"
available for these products. I know the Common Criteria certfication is a
security products certification used to identify products that have been
evaluated and meet a designated level of standards. The Common Criteria is
used in government circles; when they want to buy equipment to meet a
certain security level, they look at the Common criteria and find a product
that meets that security spec. So, if a manufacturer can get his product
certified and on the list, good things will come from it.

If you go to this web site, it has a bit of an explanation and a list of
products certified or being evaluated from Austalia's point of view:
http://www.dsd.gov.au/infosec/aisep/EPL.html