""Cisco Nuts""  wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Hello,
> Why is BGP bestpath as-path ignore a hidden cmd - if it indeed is?? Here
is
> what I got:
> AS7018-NAP(config)#router bgp 7018
> AS7018-NAP(config-router)#bgp bestpath as?
> % Unrecognized command
> AS7018-NAP(config-router)#bgp bestpath as-path ?
> % Unrecognized command
> AS7018-NAP(config-router)#bgp bestpath as-path ignore
> AS7018-NAP(config-router)#
>
> AS7018-NAP#rbr
> router bgp 7018
> no synchronization
> bgp router-id 150.50.100.100
> bgp log-neighbor-changes
> bgp bestpath as-path ignore
>

> Any ideas??

I've been going through the Parkhurt book again, and I have found a couple
of these kinds of things on the IOS images I am using.

IOS 12.1.5T10 and 12.2.12a. I believe both of these are IP Plus.

neighbor x.x.x.x filter-list x weight  is not in either of those versions,
even though Parkhurst uses the command on page 173 and 174

I suspect these commands are available on higher end equipment. I'm pretty
sure Parkhurst was not using 2501's when he did his work. I'm sure he had
access to at least 7204's or 6's.