""Priscilla Oppenheimer""  wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> The Long and Winding Road wrote:
> >
> > The lab in question is one of the current crop of Cisco ASET
> > labs.
> >
> > My answer:
> > access-list 120 deny   ip any host 255.255.255.255
> > access-list 120 permit ip any host 224.0.0.9
> > access-list 120 permit ip any any
> >
> > The book answer:
> > access-list 120 deny   ip any host 255.255.255.255
> > access-list 120 permit ip any any
> >
> > Yes the ISDN link is practically permantently up. Depending on
> > the flow of
> > hellos, it may drop for an instant, but it pops right back up.
>
> The book answer does seem a little brain-damaged. ;-) Generally you
wouldn't
> want IDSN to stay up just for a routing protocol, from what I understand.
>
> Could you change the hello interval? The default on ISDN BRI is 5 seconds.
> You could make it a lot longer.

You know, Cil, that's a great idea. In the real world that would be one
solution.

This practice lab is bizarre - running EIGRP over ISDN as the only link to
half the network is something that could only happen in the owrld of CCIE
studies. :->

Well, I was gonna show how changing the hello and hold timers to outrageous
lengths would solve this problem, but the link insistas on statying up

Another time.