A couple of reasons why its not enough .. imagine you inadvertently run and
execute a trojan on your home pc.  This will then connect out to the
internet and would be valid remote control access.  Often these trojans head
out to IRC, where peolpe can actually access / manage your computer user
various DCC commands.  Since the irc connection is initiated from your PC,
all the return traffic will be allowed and excuted locally.

Just one example.  Some other to think about are those "special" traffic
that have control ports and data ports, eg FTP, multilmedia apps etC?