On 04/07/2010 10:31 PM, Marc Balmer wrote:
> Am 07.04.10 21:29, schrieb Török Edwin:
>> On 04/07/2010 09:21 PM, David F. Skoll wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a question about the CVD that will "contain a special signature
>>> which disables all clamd installations older than 0.95."  What exactly
>>> will this do?
>>>
>>> Will old versions always report "No virus"?
>>>
>>> Or will they always report "Virus?"
>>>
>>> Or will they always report an error?
>> It will refuse to load the database and print an error message.
>
> even refusing to load existing signatures?

"Will refuse to load" means that daily.cvd will be considered a
malformed database by ClamAV <= 0.94.2.

If you have a malformed database you get an error message, and
clamd/clamscan will exit with an error without scanning anything.

The error message will tell about the End-of-Life status, and what to do
about it.

Best regards,
--Edwin