On 05/18/2010 03:13 PM, David F. Skoll wrote:
>> From: Mohammed Al-Saleh <moealsa...@gmail.com>
>
>> Is the virus database updated through a repository (for example svn or cvs)?
>> I would like to see how virus database changes over time.
>
> Interesting.  I guess there's nothing stopping you from putting the
> database in a git repo or similar.  You could do a commit each time just
> before calling freshclam.
>
> Edwin's response:
>
>> No.
>
> I found surprising, I must say... wouldn't it make sense to use git or
> similar

We have a database of signatures and logs of what each update did.
Using git (or another VCS) here would just complicate things, since we'd
need to synchronize that with our internal DB both ways (in case of
reverts).

> so you could easily revert bad signature additions? :)

We can already drop the signature in the next update easily.

Best regards,
--Edwin