> On 26 Nov 2022, at 12:58 pm, G.W. Haywood <clamav-de...@jubileegroup.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
> On Sat, 26 Nov 2022, Mark Allan via clamav-devel-requ...@lists.clamav.net
> wrote:
>
>> I thought there was an issue with v1.0 rc2, as a comparison with a
>> increased scan times. After about an hour of digging and laboriously
>> comparing output from clamscan --debug, as well as the man pages and
>> clamd.conf, I finally realised the max file size has increased.
>> Comments in the clamd.conf file says the default MaxFileSize is now
>> 100MB (up from 25MB in 0.104.1), and it looks like there's been a
>> corresponding increase in clamscan as well. Adding
>> `--max-filesize=25M` on the command line brings scan times back to
>> previous values.
>> There's no mention of the change to the maximum file size in the man
>> pages for either clamd clamd.conf or clamscan.
>
> This sort of thing should probably go to the user's list, not dev.

My email was also sent to the users' list, however, it's not the users who
produce the code or the source tarball; it's the developers, hence sending my
email here.

> The changes were announced in March 2022, both on the announcements
> list and in the ClamAV blog, for the release candidate for v0.105.0:
>
> If you're serious about ClamaV you might want to subscribe to the
> announcements list:

I *am* serious about ClamAV, and I do subscribe to all the ClamAV mailing
lists, but I'm also human and we humans are known on occasion to have fallible
memories. Neither of those two statements alters the fact that the man pages
are wrong. I was simply passing on some information to the people who produce
the software and who might be interested in doing something about it.

If *you're* serious about ClamAV, you might want to reign in the unhelpful
comments.

I'm aware you have occasionally made helpful contributions to the list, but
you've also made your fair share of sarcastic, unnecessary and unhelpful
comments. If you've nothing nice to say, please don't say anything.

Mark