On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, Rick Knight wrote:

> in the command so I tried it without root but with everything else and
> got the same error. I have created a work-around using "freshclam
> --stdout | logger -p local6.info" in my crontab and "local6.*
> /var/log/clam-update.log" in /etc/syslog.conf. It works well enough, but
> I would like to know why I can't get freshclam to work with the -l param.

I prefer the multilog software, which works independently from syslogd
and more stabile. Multilog is a part of D.J. Bernstein package
(http://cr.yp.to). I don't report log from fresclam, but you
can attempt to do it with multilog, maybe this will be better, than
with syslogd/logger

Piotr
--
Piotr Kasztelowicz                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.am.torun.pl/~pekasz