Hi Guys / Tomasz

When ClamAntivirus is run in clamd mode what exactly will the daemon do?

Will it scan all files automatically? or when an email arrives? Can you
specify a certain directory to be scanned when there is activity? or on a
timed basis? Can you please give some more info about that!

I am running a Slackware8.1 box, with eXtremail-1.5-5 and I am happy with
the ease of setup - but incorporating the antivirus is getting me down  :-(

eXtremail is supporting Sophos (which is not cheap in this part of the
world) and for another I have to pass a lot of extra commands before Sophos
picks up even the EICAR test files.

Clamav on the other hand picks up the test files without extra commandline
arguments...:-))

Also eXtremail has a daemon called eXniperd that calls the antivirus but the
logs tell me the EICAR test-files are clean!

So if I rather could get ClamAntivirus instead of Sophos I would be very
happy...

Regards
Jon Van Zijl
South Africa