On Tuesday 13 April 2004 6:43 pm, Mike van Vugt wrote:

> $ /usr/sbin/clamd
> ERROR: Problem with internal logger. Please check the permissions on the
> /var/log/clamav/clamd.log file

Which user are you trying to run clamd as?

> $ ls -al
> total 16
> drwxr-xr-x   2 clamav clamav 4096 Apr 13 16:36 ./
> drwxr-xr-x  12 root   root   4096 Apr 13 15:04 ../
> -rw-r-----   1 clamav clamav  231 Apr 13 16:37 clamd.log
> -rw-r-----   1 clamav clamav 1664 Apr 13 19:27 freshclam.log
>
> Now, how to set the permissions ???  chmod 666 ?????

I wouldn't change the permissions - I'd change the ownership (to whichever
user needs to write to it).

Regards,

Antony.

--
It is also possible that putting the birds in a laboratory setting
inadvertently renders them relatively incompetent.

 - Daniel C Dennet

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.