Hi Ed

Thank you for that - I have read all the docs and clamscan / clamd /
freshclam is working A-OK!

My problem stems from the fact that I use eXtremail - and it supports
Sophos - but that support is in beta. Sophos also needs a stack of extra
parameters passed with the instruction ie. [EMAIL PROTECTED] #/ sweep
/home/eXtremail/mbox -all -recursive -full   BEFORE it picks up the
EICAR-testfile  (http://www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm).  Whereas
ClamAv picks it up out-the-box...

Crux:
What I was hoping to do - is use ClamAntivirus in standalone mode (?)
scanning just the /home/eXtremail/mbox/subdirectories where ALL the mail
goes in and then disinfecting the mail automatically if at all possible.
Is that possible?

I am waiting for responses from the author of eXtremail as well as to how if
possible to incorporate ClamAv into eXtremail.

Many thanks

Regards
Jon Van Zijl