> > > If we're talking MailScanner with ClamAV you can choose what to do but
> > most deliver the message with the infected attachment replaced by a
> > message. The attachments are stored on the mail server for closer
> inspection. Basically, everything that is not infected is deliverd

I am trying to see how this is a benefit to run over sophos. It seems we
still need to either delete, or disinfect the file, so I would need another
program to do this. Presently, we are running sophos, but I am trying to
find an open source solution, so I don't have to spend a chunk of change
each year per server, or user. I need to cover 500 + mailboxes, so even a
few bucks per user is a big deal..