On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 08:44:37AM -0300, Ronan Lucio wrote:

> > I guessing (from its name) that you could use this tool...
> > http://sageshome.net/oss/mbox2mdir.php
> > to extract all the messages to seperate files, which you could then scan
> > with clamscan.
>
> For all I have understood about the question I think it
> don't solve his problem.
>
> mbox2mdir should (probably) just change the location of the
> user mail file from /var/mail to /home/user/Mail
>
> I think his question was: How can I remove just one message
> from user mail file with many messages?
>
> But, unfortunatly don't know the answer, too.

Delete a mail from a mailfile can be done manually, so that shouldn't be a
problem. As far as I understand it the problem was he had a virusinfected
mail in his mailbox, but didn't know which. As maildir format use separate
files the idea is good, but I don't think ClamAV can handle maildir format
yet.

ClamAV should report the name of the infected attachment, so you could just
search the mbox file for the attachment name, and remove the email
containing that attachment manually.

Hope it helps.

//daniel wiberg

--