Hello people,

Okay, this is precursor to April fools day! Forgive me if I went overboard,
but I have a question or two about the impending -stable release.
After all the issued reported by Ed Phillips, do we still expect the release
out as earlier planned?
My answer would be NO. Why? Because I believe Tomasz has a life also and we
should give him more time to look at the issues raised, so that the upcoming
release would be "real" stable.

Tomasz, please push the date ahead officially.

BTW, I have a question about the snapshots:
At some point in time, building them was so easy for me on my FreeBSD. Then
suddenly it all became a nightmare. Luckily I took one bold step and did
what I thought was causing me so much grief:

find /usr/local/lib -name '*clam*' -exec rm -f {} \;
rm /usr/local/include/clamav.h

After doing this, I was able to build clamav-devel from the FreeBSD ports.
I am now running devel-20031104.

But the problem is that I cannot build the CVS version. It always fails
and I am left wondering where the devil springs up from. I've even applied
the patches in the ports but I end up with:

(cd .libs && rm -f libclamav.la && ln -s ../libclamav.la libclamav.la)
Making all in clamscan
/usr/local/bin/bash ../libtool --mode=link gcc  -I/usr/local/include
-L/usr/local/lib -o clamscan  clamscan.o options.o
getopt.o others.o manager.o  treewalk.o  -L../libclamav -lclamav
gcc -I/usr/local/include -o .libs/clamscan clamscan.o options.o getopt.o others.o
manager.o treewalk.o  -L/usr/local/lib
-L/wananchi/home/wash/Administration/Clamav/clamav-devel/libclamav
/wananchi/home/wash/Administration/Clamav/clamav-devel/libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so
-lz -lbz2 -lgmp -lc_r -Wl,--rpath
-Wl,/usr/local/lib
/usr/lib/libc.so: WARNING!  setkey(3) not present in the system!
/usr/lib/libc.so: warning: this program uses gets(), which is unsafe.
/usr/lib/libc.so: warning: mktemp() possibly used unsafely; consider using mkstemp()
/usr/lib/libc.so: WARNING!  des_setkey(3) not present in the system!
/usr/lib/libc.so: WARNING!  encrypt(3) not present in the system!
/usr/lib/libc.so: warning: tmpnam() possibly used unsafely; consider using mkstemp()
/usr/lib/libc.so: warning: this program uses f_prealloc(), which is not recommended.
/usr/lib/libc.so: WARNING!  des_cipher(3) not present in the system!
/usr/lib/libc.so: warning: tempnam() possibly used unsafely; consider using mkstemp()
/wananchi/home/wash/Administration/Clamav/clamav-devel/libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so:
undefined reference to `_zzip_seekdir'
/wananchi/home/wash/Administration/Clamav/clamav-devel/libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so:
undefined reference to `_zzip_closedir'
/wananchi/home/wash/Administration/Clamav/clamav-devel/libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so:
undefined reference to `_zzip_telldir'
/wananchi/home/wash/Administration/Clamav/clamav-devel/libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so:
undefined reference to `_zzip_rewinddir'
*** Error code 1

Stop in /wananchi/home/wash/Administration/Clamav/clamav-devel/clamscan.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /wananchi/home/wash/Administration/Clamav/clamav-devel.

Why would the port one compile and this one refuse? BTW, if I go into the
port and modify versions and change the md5 checksum accordingly then
the snapshots do compile under the same enviroment!!

        cheers
       - wash
Odhiambo Washington                     . WANANCHI ONLINE LTD (Nairobi, KE)  |
<wash at wananchi dot com>              . 1ere Etage, Loita Hse, Loita St.,  |
GSM: (+254) 722 743 223                 . # 10286, 00100 NAIROBI             |
GSM: (+254) 733 744 121                 . (+254) 020 313 985 - 9             |