I'm sitting at my desk, reconfiguring my network monitor, when the phone rings.
 Caller-ID tells me it's  Nigel Horne. I pick the receiver up and say:

> > I'd still like to get the "gcc favoritism" stripped out, so we can use Sun
> > Forte to compile it, but that will take time... and we're very busy here,
> > so recompiling software for "fun" may not be feasible right now... ;-)
>
> The trouble is that the Sun compiler isn't free and I can't afford to buy a
> copy.

IIRC SF makes sun forte available on its compile farm. Just apply for it.

http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=762&group_id=1

--
Luca 'NERvOus' Gibelli ([EMAIL PROTECTED] || [EMAIL PROTECTED])
Home Page: http://www.nervous.it

BOFH excuse 9511:
 * Power company testing new voltage spike (creation) equipment