On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Tomasz Kojm wrote:

> On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 15:47:20 +0100 (MET)
> Pawel Adamczyk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > As i read in other posts, the file has bad header. I unzipped this
> > file(photos.jpg.exe) and clamscan found the virus.
> >
> > Is there any way to solve the problem? Maybe i should add
> > --disable-archive in amavis config. But what with other archives then?
>
> It seems there's a problem with your amavis installation. The amavis
> itself should unpack _all_ zip files.
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Kojm

Hi,

Yes, amavis can't unpack this file (write error in log file) and file
where should be unzipped file (000002) has size 0. But clamscan scans
all files (also zipped). It returns error (file size limit...).
Maybe it is bad idea to try to extract all files twice (first by amavis,
second by clamscan)? Is it better to call clamscan with --disable-archive
option? In this case clamscan doesn't return error and finds virus.

I do not understand why clamscan _can't_ find virus in file 00001
(zipped),
and _finds_ it when i change file name to .zip or .rar (even it is not rar
archive). In all cases clamscan return also error:
File size limit exceeded.

Best regards,
Pawel Adamczyk