I saw the same thing after I downloaded the new binaries for
our Tru64 server.

I did some testing and found that when I used the previous
clamdscan binary, everything worked again. It even picks up
viruses that were missed before, and caught by our "banned
extensions" recipe.
So I am using all the new binaries and libraries except for
clamdscan.
Bugs