On 3/18/04 5:40 PM, "Doug Hardie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My quick look at the code behind --disable-urandom gave me the
> impression that it only disabled the test for urandom and forced clamd
> to use urandom.  Thats why I manually deleted the define.  I guess I
> will have to look a bit closer.  That would be easier to remember when
> moving to a new version.

>From what I read through configure is that when using --disable-urandom it
reverts back to using just rand().  Since I did this, our servers have been
running 14+ hours without a single hang and all the databases seem to have
loaded with a second or two instead of multiple minutes.

I'm hoping that this urandom problem is addressed in the future.  I'm not
exactly sure of what the problem is and why clamd hangs, disabling
/dev/urandom should not be the fix, but rather the workaround.

--
Robert Blayzor, BOFH
INOC, LLC

Design: The activity of preparing for a design review.