> > > Perhaps it should to avoid any confusion!
> >
> > Perhaps, but this is not my decision.
>
> /etc/clamav.conf -> /etc/clamd.conf ?

 The whole purpose of clamscan is to be a command line config'ed scanner. Clamd
is a file config'ed scanner. Where is the hardship in that? It's not rocket
science. And it clearly states this in the documentation (if anybody reads it).
If you want clamscan to run with specific settings each time, create a shell
script to call it.

Matt