Lynn Duerksen Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2004 11:26 AM

> Freshclam reports:
>
> RELAY:root>[sbin]  freshclam
> ClamAV update process started at Wed May  5 10:07:25 2004
> Reading CVD header (main.cvd): OK
> main.cvd is up to date (version: 22, sigs: 20229, f-level: 1, builder:
> tkojm)
> Reading CVD header (daily.cvd): OK
> daily.cvd is up to date (version: 303, sigs: 1196, f-level: 2, builder:
> trog)
> However when I run:
>
> sigtool -l | grep -i sasser
>
> I get nothing.  Shouldn't Worm.Sasser.A, Worm.Sasser.D and Worm.Sasser.B
all
> show up using this?

You probably have 2 versions of the database. Happened to me and many
others. Simple to rectify: search for main.cvd on your box. Then find which
one is being updated by freshclam. Delete the others and setup symbolic
links to the one that's updated by freshclam. I'm sure there are better ways
to do this like recompile with the proper path but I couldn't be bothered.
Works like a charm for me now.

cheers,
Colin

Colin A. Bartlett