On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 at  1:59:30 +0200, Philipp Ringli wrote:
> On 22.06.2004, at 18:51, Dan Egli wrote:
>
> >Wait, try this. edit /etc/cron.daily/freshclam, and put a
> >set -x
> >
> >right after the bang path, THEN run it. That will tell you the
> >execution sequenece (similiar to Echo on in Win/Dos).
> >

> huh?
>
> what's a bang path?

It's more often called "shebang" (while "bang path" more often stands
for "an old-style UUCP email address specifying hops", like
!bigsite!foovax!barbox!me).

Examples of shebang are:
#!/usr/bin/perl
#! /bin/sh
#!/bin/sh

(I seem to recall that there was some difference between the form with
the space and the one without it, but I don't remember the details).

> this is the /etc/cron.daily/freshclam:
> #!/bin/sh

PUT set -x HERE

[...]