On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 10:05:05 -0600 in
[EMAIL PROTECTED] "Steve Lenti"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  I have started clamd in TCP mode and connected to it using telnet,
>  but as soon as I get connected clamd seg faults.  Could this be a
>  threading issue? Should I try the latest CVS version?

Seen on the list last week:

 It turned out the latest version of ClamAV (0.74) and development
 versions since devel-20040622 contain a bug regarding handling of
 stream scanning in TCP mode. The bug results in clamdscan hanging when
 scanning data on stdin ("clamdscan -"). The bug does _not_ affect
 scanning files given to clamdscan directly on command line.

 The bug was reported today by Piotr Gackiewicz.

 A fix will be available tomorrow in CVS.

Maybe this is the thing causing your problem?

--

Brian Morrison

bdm at fenrir dot org dot uk

GnuPG key ID DE32E5C5 - http://wwwkeys.uk.pgp.net/pgpnet/wwwkeys.html