> On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>> I installed clamav a few months ago, then upgraded to version 0.71 soon
>> after.
>
> The current version 0.75.1 . 0.71 will NOT catch all current viruses so
> you
> should upgrade first.

Okay, upgrade complete. It took all of 25 minutes, including copying my
old config files from /etc. Clamav-milter still looks for the config file
in /etc instead of where 0.75.1 is looking for it (/usr/local/etc).

2 questions:

1. I did a soft link from /usr/local/etc/clamav.conf to /etc/clamav.conf
for clamav-milter. Is that going to be a problem? Will it affect
freshclam?

2. I am using my 0.71 versions of clamav.conf and freschclam.conf. What am
I going to lose by doing this?

In the mean time, I'll go read the 0.75.1 conf files and see what I can
pick out.

TIA,

Karl