Hi

> The main types of checks that should be done are regarding the composition
of the emails. For example, the ones you mention above, clsid and boundary
checks, will stop a proportional amount of virus mails from getting any
further.

Okay... already doing so.

> Then there are others, like iframe, executable extensions, certain aspects
of html content, excessive header line lengths, to name but a few.

I cannot prevent such things. I have no way to tell my customers: "you may
not send each other executables or html-files with frames." They would go
somewhere else immediately.

Also greylisting is no option, since it slows down email traffic and some of
my customers use robots, which rely on these mails. For the same reason,
excessive header line lengths need to work.

Altogether, the point is, I may not drop or slow down legitimate mail.
So I "simply" scan for viri.

Regards,
  Steffen