The socket that you need to connect to is the clamav-milter help prog
socket, not the main clamd socket.  /tmp/clamd is more than likely the
clamd daemon socket.  You cannot use the sendmail milter filters
without using the clamav-milter helper program.   It's possible that
you will need to get ahold of a none slackware package and install
manually.  There should be a helper programs directory that comes with
either the clamav packaged binaries, or there should be support in the
cvs to build them.

The reason for the errors that you are recieving about unsafe socket,
is that sendmail is quite picky about it's security.  I'd suggest
specifying a directory other than /tmp for the clamd sockets (when you
get the milter helper program working).

-Mikel Bauer-