On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, Ken Jones wrote:
> After re-installing .80 release code, I need to re-boot before the milter
> will sucessfully start.
>
> I have tried this on both a Solaris 9 X86 and a Solaris 8 X86 box, both
> running .80 release just fine.

Wow!  I've not seen a unix proggie protected from a death by -9 in a long
time.  The only time we see problems like this is when you pull the IDE
cable on a mounted filesystem (yes, we like to have fun) or some other
catastrophic IO problem.  Is 2.8/2.9 really so unstable that a reboot is
required or am I missing something?  I have always held solaris as being
more stable than linux (our os of choice) for recovering from really fatal
errors like that.  Suppose it could also be a sol threading problem.  Can
you offer any additional information?

--
Eric Wheeler
Vice President