Brian Morrison [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> "Julian Mehnle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > You're trying to kid me, right?  I'm not going to be scared away just
> > because you wish to take a fundamentalist position that ClamAV should
> > _not_ offer an option to ignore social engineering attacks even
> > though they are clearly different from technical attacks.
>
> Except that as many viruses require you to open the attachment that
> comes with an email, those are 'social engineering' attacks as you
> classify them.

Those viruses are both.  I already admitted there is a gray area.

> You can easily do what you want provided you are prepared to put the
> time and effort into doing it. Meanwhile everyone else will continue to
> use the hard work of the ClamAV team to its full benefit.

If you're trying to alienate me, good luck.  And if you imply I don't
appreciate the effort that the creators of ClamAV have invested, you're
flat out wrong.  I really do.  But that won't keep me from making feature
requests and constructive suggestions on how to implement them.  That's
what I have done.