On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 18:45:46 +0000 in [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Chris Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Whenever I re-boot, clamd starts, but clamav-milter refuses. The error
> I get is:-
>
> | clamav-milter failed. The error was: Starting Clamav Milter Daemon:
> /tmp/clamd/clamd.sock: Connection refused
> | Can't talk to clamd server via /tmp/clamd/clamd.sock
> | Check your entry for LocalSocket in /etc/clamav.conf
> | [FAILED]
>
> I am running Fedora Core 2 with clamav 0.80-1.1

And have you checked clamd.conf to see what the LocalSocket is
configured to be? If it isn't set to /tmp/clamd/clamd.sock then
clamav-milter is going to have a hard time talking to clamd that way. If
it is, have you checked the permissions on /tmp/clamd?

--

Brian Morrison

bdm at fenrir dot org dot uk

GnuPG key ID DE32E5C5 - http://wwwkeys.uk.pgp.net/pgpnet/wwwkeys.html