BitFuzzy wrote:

Is this a joke? "licensed under the GPL" & "not free for commercial
use".

As far as I can tell there is nothing wrong with this. In fact I've seen this quite alot.
The GPL does not prevent anyone from making money.

Since saying "not free for commerical use" pretty much means that you are getting a half-a-gpl possibly dead before birth, Tomasz is quite correct. And since he among others has enabled a large community to utilize huge amounts of his effort under the terms of 100% GPL he (not I) can be as disapproving as he wishes of anyone else who has not chosen to do so.

Saying the software is licensed under the GPL and disallowing people to download and use/redistribute the software under the terms of the GPL if for "commerical" use IS a joke. Read the GPL. In this case Dan's gracious offer of GPL licensing is probably useless to most people. See my previous rant.

Also: One can read the summary and the terms and come up with completely different conclusions. Thats a bug in the terms. I am fairly certain the author does not intend you to exercise the full rights of the GPL license.