Steffen Heil schrieb:
Hi

I came across a .eml file once again, that causes a segfault in clamd.
However, since I had that issue a few days ago and the clamav team corrected
that bug aleady, I did not post a bug report.

However, since about a week, my mail servers are configured NOT to use
ScanMail.

If I use clamscan to scan the .eml-File, I get a seg-fault.
If I use clamscan --no-mail to scan the .eml-File, I get "ok", which is
correct - the file is NOT infected.

Anyway, clamd produces a segfault entry in the log, when I scan the file
with clamdscan.
I do not understand that, since I have ScanMail option DISABLED in
clamd.conf.

Why is it ignoring ScanMail ?
Or is there something else, I forgot?

Regards,
  Steffen

Because clamscan and clamd are different programs. clamd.conf is the configuration file for clamd, the clamav daemon. clamscan is another program entirely configured from the command line.

Thomas