On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 12:32 -0600, Damian Menscher wrote:

> > And how many Phishing false positives have you had exactly?
>
> All of them.  ;)
>
> Seriously, that's an unfair question.  When you're deleting people's
> email, how would they find out if there was a false positive?  With
> spam, it's standard practice to review a junk-mail box for false
> positives regularly.  Viruses are treated differently; nobody checks
> them for false positives.  That's why this is such a concern for those
> of us who depend on email.

You describe SPAM, not Phishing. And thats the difference you are
missing.

I've written a complete SPAM tagging application from scratch, I know
the issues involved.

Perhaps you should check your viruses for false positives. Ever had a
Parite virus deleted? With some commercial scanners, there's probably
about a 20% chance it's a false positive.

-trog