On Feb 23, 2005, at 21:06, Tomasz Kojm wrote:

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 08:15:51 -0500
Dale Walsh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

exactly  the same problem and I have been tracing the process and it
seems to  occur during a freshclam cvd update (when it actually
updates the virus  db files) and now appears to have little to do with
external use of the  shared libraries because I have nothing accessing
them on any system  yet it continues to hang on the FC1 server after a
couple of db updates  and the FreeBSD system clamd just dies so I'll
wait until the next time  it dies and see where it leads me.

Sounds like a known problem with 0.81. Upgrade to 0.83.

--
   oo    .....         Tomasz Kojm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I have currently downgraded one of my servers to 0.80, it has been running for several days now without a single crash or restart required.

Are you aware of the actual problem and are working on a solution or should I continue with the debug in the hopes of finding the problem (time permitting)?

Learning gdb basics overnight wasn't fun.

-- Dale