On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 10:22:45 -0500 (EST) in
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Rob
Mangiafico <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> All of our servers that are running clamdwatch.pl that tests to make
> sure  clamd is running have been outputting:
>
> Clamd didn't find the EICAR pattern. Your virus database(s) could be
> borked!
>
> I ran freshclam manually and it says the db's are up to date:
> ---
> ClamAV update process started at Sun Feb 27 10:13:33 2005
> SECURITY WARNING: NO SUPPORT FOR DIGITAL SIGNATURES
> See the FAQ at http://www.clamav.net/faq.html for an explanation.
> WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED - please update
> immediately! WARNING: Local version: 0.80 Recommended version: 0.83
> main.cvd is up to date (version: 29, sigs: 29086, f-level: 3, builder:
>
> tomek)
> daily.cvd is up to date (version: 731, sigs: 2165, f-level: 4,
> builder:  acab)
> WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED - please update
> immediately! WARNING: Current functionality level = 3, required = 4
> ---
>
> Besides the running of an old version, did a database update remove
> the  test pattern or change the way clamdwatch.pl should be checking
> things?

The lack of digital signature support is a bad thing as well, I'm not
certain but I suspect that ClamAV may find it rather hard to check the
integrity of virus databases that freshclam retrieves. And you're 3
versions behind the recommended version.

More to worry about than EICAR you have....

--

Brian Morrison

bdm at fenrir dot org dot uk

GnuPG key ID DE32E5C5 - http://wwwkeys.uk.pgp.net/pgpnet/wwwkeys.html