On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 10:38:35 -0500 (EST) in
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Rob
Mangiafico <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  > The lack of digital signature support is a bad thing as well, I'm
>  > not certain but I suspect that ClamAV may find it rather hard to
>  > check the integrity of virus databases that freshclam retrieves.
>  > And you're 3 versions behind the recommended version.
>
>  Although I appreciate the warning about being outdated, everything
>  was  working fine until last night, which tells me something changed
>  in the  database, as no scripts changed on the server. We're working
>  on upgrading,  but any other ideas as to what would cause this
>  suddenly would be  appreciated.

It may be that something in the db requires 0.83, but I do remember
something being mentioned about the EICAR test signature and clamdwatch
on this list, have you looked at the archives and done a search on
clamdwatch?

--

Brian Morrison

bdm at fenrir dot org dot uk