Julian Mehnle wrote:

I can't believe you still didn't get the point.

This is NOT about removing ClamAV's capacity for detecting phishing
attacks, little yellow rubber ducks in PNG images, or whatever else.  This
is about making it _optional_, for those people who don't want certain
types of malware to be scanned for.

And they're adding it. So why is the issue festering?

I understand people want to post their views (as they should). But this topic in particular has and will end up in a never ending loop, that tends to be worse than Linux vs Windows debates.

It died out once, and I hope it does so again, quickly