By now some of you have tried building ClamAV to get an updated version running because you found the 0.81 and the lack of digital signature support to be displeasing.

You are now experiencing build issues and find that even selecting gcc3.3 as the default compiler it still wont build.

With gcc3.3 selected you can now configure it but it fails to build citing zziplib syntax issues among others yet you can take the same source code onto a 10.2.x or 10.3.x machine and it builds just fine.

Well this has been an accelerated learning curve and I proud to say I've been able to build it with digital signature support using the provided Apple configured paths making it a drop in replacement.

I asked Tomasz to place an installer on his webpage so you Mac OSX/ Tiger fans can update to the latest version with digital signature support without too much difficulty but at the moment he doesn't want to offer MacOSX support on the ClamAV site so I'm not sure what the next move should be.

-- Dale