René Berber wrote:
Rick Macdougall wrote:

One place I didn't look that I should have but still, is a password
protected zip file considered an error ?  I can't really allow scans
that return a 2 to pass through (well I can but I don't think it's a
good idea).

It has been discused before that clamav can detect known password protected zip
files that contain viri, but in general it cannot guess the password for any zip
protected file... so the error code means "I don't know if this is a virus".

The setting of ArchiveBlockEncrypted (clamd.conf) is used to do what you
describe (return code changed to 1).

Hi,

So you are saying it is safe to pass on mail with an exit code of 2 ? I'll never get an exit code of 2, if say the hd fills up, or clamd is running as a user without permissions to read the files or fails for some other reason ?

Regards,

Rick