Matt Fretwell wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

If we can standardize the set of rules and protocols required for an MTA
to accept an email, then spam will reduce. Either that or we need to
build a better mousetrap. This is jut my $0.02.

What time is the next rocketship to this planet you have found? :)

Now, now. I agree it's a lofty goal... but I think it's a worthwhile one. It's how we respond to the challenge that will determine our ultimate success. I move that we kick Microsoft out of the game with their proprietary solutions, for a start. Keep the focus on effective, easily implementable, STANDARD, and **OPEN** solutions and I think we'll be quite successful. Then the remaining challenge is getting the word out and getting people to adopt these solutions.

I can't gauge how far SPF has spread yet, but in my own spot checking, I'm finding an increasing number of senders that my MTA sees are being positively or negatively acknowledged by SPF, rather than just "none", "neutral", or "unknown" cases. Still in the minority, but growing... to the point that I finally threw the lever on kicking responses that come back "error" or "failed".

Bill