On Friday 20 May 2005 14:44, Craig Green wrote:

> >>  clamav 0.85.1 on two servers.  Both quit right about midnight.  I
> >>found the following log entries on one of them:
> >
> >Are you using FreeBSD?
> >

> We've had the milter quit on a couple of FreeBSD servers here--on 0.85,
> anyway.  We thought it was upon DB updates, but weren't certain.
> Switching to --external seems to have helped, anyway.  We now run .85.1,
> but we're still using --external so I don't know if the problem still
> exists.

That's your problem. You've removed the quotes from your original post in this
followup (note to others - please don't do this, when there are a lot of support
emails you need help to put them all together - relying on my memory isn't
a good idea ;-) ) so
I can't remember the exact text and do the googling for you, but I do know
that a bit of googling will
point you into the direction of a freebsd patch.

--
Nigel Horne. Arranger, Composer, Typesetter.
NJH Music, Barnsley, UK.  ICQ#20252325