The best bet would be to get the latest SRPM from fedora extras or
dag's repository, and then doing the following on a machine that has a
fedora core 2 build environment

wget
http://fedoraproject.org/extras/3/i386/fedora-rpmdevtools-1.1-1.fc3.noarch.rpm
su root
rpm -ivh fedora-rpmdevtools-1.1-1.fc3.noarch.rpm
exit

/usr/bin/fedora-buildrpmtree

wget http://fedoraproject.org/extras/3/SRPMS/clamav-0.87-1.fc3.src.rpm
rpm -ivh clamav-0.87-1.fc3.src.rpm
cd rpmbuild/SPECS
rpmbuild -ba clamav.spec

this should work.. but Fed Core 2 is rather old and eol so I cant help
much on any compile errors at this point.

Now you will need to drop your mail server for a bit and remove all
the old clamav binaries. If they were not done with rpms.. its best to
use find and grep for clamav for stuff.

cd ~/rpmbuild/RPMS/i386
su root
rpm -Uvh clamav-*

then you will need to test that sendmail works with it.. and it should work.