On Wed, 21 Sep 2005, Nigel Horne wrote:

; On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 16:07, Carol Overes wrote:
; > Hi Nigel and others,
; >
; > Nigel Horne wrote:
; > > I'm confused, you say clamd was missing, but you also say that the
; > > installation was successful.
; >
; > I can imagine :)
; >
; > During compile time and installation of the binaries on the system,
; > there are no errors. There is a Makefile in the source dir 'clamd' of
; > the tar file. But during compile time there's no 'clamd' binary created.
; > And with 'make install', I see:
;
; I don't see how running 'make' produces no errors if it produces no
; clamd program. Remember to run "make distclean" before rerunning
; configure
; with the --disable-pthreads option.

Given that clamd is a threaded application and that the library has been
built without threading support, clamd will not be built.

>From configure.in

if test "$have_pthreads" = "yes"
then
    AC_DEFINE(BUILD_CLAMD, 1, "build clamd")
fi

Andy