Robert Cates said:
> OK, I'm now subscribed to the ML.
> I've already looked in my /etc/clamav/clamd.conf and found nothing
> pertaining to a (default) port number.
>
> Robert

Others will complain about your top posting. I'd just point out that what
you learned is that there is no default. In fact in your installation
there may not even be a port, but rather a Unix socket. There may also be
conventions that some packagers provide but nothing you should depend on.
It can be anything you wish, of course. The common port is 3310, but is
not specific to Debian Woody. I think this is in the example clamd.conf
file in the source distribution but may not survive a packager's
preferences. Regardless, always check the clamd.conf file as that is where
it is specified if it is specified at all.

dp